MONDAY ACTION PLAN
Stop complaining. Yes, the weekend’s over, but there is something to commemorate, a study published in the American Journal of Preventive Medicine found that Monday is the healthiest day of the week. Followed by Tuesday. And then things get progressively worse from there. No surprise, right? On Monday we pledge to make healthy choices and ask forgiveness for all of our eating sins of the weekend. A few tips that will help you establish a healthy baseline for the rest of your week. If you can, rinse and repeat on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday.
1. Hit the gym, go for a long walk, play with your kids outside, ride your bicycle - GET ACTIVE ON MONDAY (and all other days if you can) - It will flood your system with endorphins that will make you happier to face Tuesday and the rest of the week.
2. Eat Right - Plan your meals for the week. Make sure you start the week off with a good and healthy game plan. Prep as much healthy and wholesome food on Sunday so that you're ready for the new week. Buy those organic and fresh produce at the local farmer's market over the weekend, then prep them so that you're ready for the next work week.
3. Eat Less - but choose higher quality. Clean, wholesome and fresh ingredients can make a huge difference. Maybe go meatless for a day. A plant-based diets can help with weight loss over conventional diets, and that without emphasizing caloric restriction. No need to go full-blown veggie to take advantage of these benefits, maybe try starting your week off with Meatless Monday.
4. Sleep! De-Stress! Meditate - We all know stress is everywhere. Work, home, or on the road. It's known that chronic stress prompts a surge in the “fight or flight” hormone cortisol, which can tear down muscle fiber, impair blood sugar metabolism and boost the brain chemical neuropeptide Y, which sparks cravings. So relax. Breath. Go for a relaxing walk at the beach or in your local park.
5. Have Fun - It goes hand-in-hand with de-stressing. Life is hard and we all have lots of things that must be done, and they're not always fun. However, try to find something fun to do every day. Laughter is proven to improve your health. Watch a funny movie, read a good book, tell jokes or go to a Comedy club.
If you need help with any of these simple tips, please don't hesitate to contact DannyTheCoach
#stayfit #stayhealthy #stayinshape #eatallorganic #eatlocal #eatrealfood #eatfresh #eatorganic #sdfit #sdhealthcoach #sdhealthconsultant #sdnutrition #swissfit #sdfitness #sandiegonutrition #sandiegohealthconsultant #sandiegocoach #sandiegonutritionconsultant #meditate #relaxyourmind #breathandrelax #sandiegofitness
Leave a Reply.